Analyses at in-house environmental laboratory
With its solid expertise and many years of experience, the Environmental Service Organizational Unit offers its customers an extensive range of services.
A key role of the Environmental Service Organizational Unit is fulfilled by the Environmental Laboratory. A total of 40 employees, including chemical scientists and microbiologists, examine around 35,000 samples every year at the site in Brandenburg-Kirchmöser.
The Environmental Laboratory has been accredited in accordance with DIN EN ISO/IEC 17020/17025 since 1997. The accreditation confirms the laboratory's high level of expertise and quality.
Its main environmental services include:
Environmental Laboratory - on the scent of the micro and nano program
With our extensive expertise and an accredited, in-house microbiology laboratory , we are the right partner for all matters related to hygiene. Our inspectors examine and assess hygiene risks at work stations and facilities and in buildings and vehicles, and develop suitable measures to comply with all applicable standards.
At our in-house Environmental Laboratory, accredited in accordance with DIN EN ISO/IEC 17025 , we analyze solid, liquid and gaseous samples . Our laboratory is located in Kirchmöser, near Berlin, and we offer professional, tailor-made service.
We offer the following services in the field of analyses of:
- Identification of metals, chlorides, sulphates or nitrates
- Identification of hazardous substances such as herbicides, polychlorinated biphenyls (PCB) or dioxins and furans
- Identification of bacteria and mold, pathogens or carcinogenic micro organisms
Environmental Measurement Office and Inspection Body: properly evaluating and assessing risks
Evaluating and assessing hazards requires experience and expertise. Our specialists are always on hand to perform measurements at work stations , at technical facilities and in vehicles, as well as to help identify and eliminate risks for customers, employees and the environment.
We offer the following services:
- Measurement of hazardous materials at workstations
- Emergencies/fires on locomotives/power cars and wagons
- Chemical and microbiological investigations and hygiene inspections on:
- Ventilation systems
- Systems for the supply of service and drinking water
- Monitoring of service and waste water in compliance with operator duties in law
Environmental Service for Infrastructure: preserving the environment and reducing costs
The backbone of a railway system is an efficient network. Around 34,000 kilometers of track and roughly 70,000 points need to be maintained at all times. The Environmental Service for Infrastructure Organizational Unit ensures that environmental aspects are always taken into account when fulfilling maintenance tasks.
We offer the following services:
- Sampling of permanent way materials and declarations for construction waste
- Eotechnical investigation for determining the carrying capacity of the subsoil and definition of constructional minimum requirements for the renewal of track infrastructure
Buildings and physical resources
- Determination of hazard potential during renovation and dismantling
- Development of dismantling concepts
- Development of recommendations for the use and disposal of building materials and components with hazardous contents (e.g. asbestos, polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAK), heavy metals, PCB)