Our expertise: your success
Predictive Maintenance - Beneficial for vehicle and infrastructure
The networking of equipment data on an open, generic platform (infraView) provides the basis for predictive maintenance. The use of intelligent data diagnostics and analyses increases the equipment reliability and quality.
The following movie describes the idea of predictive maintenance and shows the benefits for operators.
The four quadrants of Predictive Maintenance in more detail:
Vehicles monitor infrastructure
A small number of vehicles enables a large volume of infrastructure data to be recorded and analysed:
- Infrastructure diagnostics from a scheduled train (track, overhead line)
- Regular inspection by self-propelled track recording cars (complete range of track geometry and vehicle responses)
- Continuous monitoring of the track geometry in accordance with with EN 13848 and Guideline 921.2001 from the scheduled train and concise preparation of the measurement results for asset officers
- Separate analyses for measurements in switch zones
- Ability to equip railway vehicles in scheduled operations
- RC: Driving comfort analyses, identification of infrastructure or vehicle errors
- Continuous monitoring of track geometry quality
- The condition forecast for track geometry quality makes it possible to specifically plan route repairs
- Checks to assess repair quality and sustainability
- Use of a measurement system for different vehicle series
Infrastructure monitors vehicles
A small number of checkpoints enables a large number of vehicles and/or their parameters to be measured:
- Out-of-round detection system for wheels (DafuR)
- Recording and targeted elimination of the following errors (flat spots, reweldings, wheel tread damage, polygons)
- Deployment as dynamic weighbridges for measuring wheel loads and lopsided loads
- Train formation detection and/or SOFIS tag for exact vehicle allocation
Benefits / References:
- Area-wide installation in Germany at DB Netz AG (25 systems) and other systems worldwide
- Automatic integration in the DB Fernverkehr maintenance system for coordinating wheelset repair work with workshop facilities
- Positive effects on maintenance intervals
- Evaluation with respect to track loads
In-vehicle data is made available via the platform:
- Vehicle systems:
- MIP (mobile integration platform): technical advance notification of diagnostics
- Remote data transmission of relevant vehicle data (different BUS systems & components)
- Sensor technology integrated into the vehicle records the condition of the vehicle (components)
- Analysis of in-vehicle data and/or automatic transfer to head office
- Vehicle-specific statements in relation to the:
- Real-time status and ad-hoc diagnostics
- Monitoring of error trends and maintenance planning
- Preparatory maintenance measures
- Increased availability of the vehicle fleet and reduced downtimes
- Unscheduled layovers in depots avoided
- Greater cost-efficient maintenance
- Advance notification of damage
- Condition-dependent exchange of components
- Longer maintenance intervals
- Fewer vehicle breakdowns
- Greater level of security
Additional infrastructure component data is made available via the platform:
- Infrastructure systems:
- Point diagnostics
- Switch heater monitoring and control
- Railroad crossing diagnostics
- Monitoring and diagnosis of infrastructure components within the portfolio for the following equipment types:
- switch heaters
- railroad crossings
- Additional equipment types and investment models coming soon
- Faster fault repair
- Preventing wear and tear
- Forecasts for imminent incidents
- Adapter available for existing solutions:
- Additional equipment types possible
- Dependency analysis
Our Services - Your Benefits:
Our services in the field of Predictive Maintenance
We can deliver individual service modules or a complete service package:
Your benefits of using an open platform for Predictive Maintenance
- Better quality by by combining a large volume of data (incl. context data) to improve equipment quality on the basis of accurate diagnostics and reliable forecasts.
- Greater knowledge as a result of being able to define and change the intervention threshold in the operation process.
- Greater speed in order to be able to harness the many digitalisation opportunities available through new services and business models in good time.
- Collaboration with other operators by sharing visualisations and analyses as well as pooling interests.
- Industry collaboration
- to enable existing equipment to be digitally connected in a cost-efficient manner.
- by explicitly pre-defining interfaces, thus ensuring the stability of the overall rail system.
- to facilitate the use of displays (in control rooms, apps, etc.) and analyses (ranging from data mining and dashboards through to real-time analyses) from several manufacturers.